The 2nd annual Elgin Chardonnay Colloquium will be taking place on 6 and 7 October, celebrating Elgin's unique cool climate Chardonnays under this year's theme "Seriously Cool"!
The two-day programme is as follows:
FRIDAY 6 OCTOBER
• A seminar and tutored tasting featuring 17 Elgin Chardonnays and 8 international benchmark examples, hosted by Michael Fridjhon and Jamie Goode.
• Lunch and refreshments.
• The evening's dinner will be prepared by Chef Craig Cormack and will be served at the Houw Hoek Hotel's Barn venue, together with selection of the best Elgin wines.
Visit chardonnay.winesofelgin.co.za/programme-friday-6-october/ for the full Friday programme.
SATURDAY 7 OCTOBER
• Guests will be able to choose their favourite from six lunch and wine events, jointly co-hosted by participating producers at various estates, bringing an exciting finale to the event.
Visit chardonnay.winesofelgin.co.za/programme-saturday-7-october/ to view your lunch hosts and full details.
Your Elgin Chardonnay Colloquium ticket costs R3,000 per person and is all-inclusive of the following:
• Bubbly on arrival
• Vinpro report by Conrad Schutte
• Elgin presentation by Richard Kershaw MW
• International speakers Jamie Goode and Michael Fridjhon
• 2016 Elgin Chardonnay Vintage tasting
• International vs Elgin Chardonnay tasting
• Dinner prepared by Chef Craig Cormack
• Saturday lunch & wine events at one of 6 venues
Tickets for this year's event are strictly limited and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Visit chardonnay.winesofelgin.co.za/bookings/ to reserve your seat for this year's unmissable event!
Almenkerk Wine Estate
Elgin Ridge Wines
Hannay Wines and Custom Crush Winery
Highlands Road Wines
Iona Wines Elgin
Neil Ellis Wines
Paul Cluver Wines
Paul Wallace Wines and Guest Cottages
Richard Kershaw Wines
South Hill Vineyards
Tokara Wine & Olive Farm
Thelema Mountain Vineyards